Monday 5 January 2015

Into the wild (6)

The sky looks beautiful. Its almost full moon, reminds me of a place i stayed at almost 5 years ago. I had applied in air-force and after clearing all the tests i was finally called for medical exam to paf base Karachi. I left my home on 28th of feb only to live one of the best few days of my life. I shared a room with 6 more girls. knew most of them. In the mornings we used to go to the hospital and get back by 2. After lunch the rest of the girls usually slept, not me. The place we were staying at was a residential building. There was a mess on the left and barren land at the back separated by a road. the land was full of wild bushes, it was huge and there was no sign of life. After a shower I used to go to the back and sit at the corner of the road. It was quiet except for the noise of the wind from the sea. Even back then i was fond of solitude. The road was always empty and the wind and the warm sunlight had a soothing effect. I used to spend hours there alone every day, thinking.   
After dinner my friends and i used to visit the swamp. it was situated a small distance into the barren land and we weren't even allowed to go there. We used to make our way through the wild bushes, using mobile torch as our guide, whispering, laughing, not a bit scared of the snakes and dogs.  The sky was always lit up by the moonlight. We would sit by the swamp, away from the rest of the world,  enjoy the cool breeze and watch the reflection of the moon in the calm clear water. It simply brought peace. Those days helped me make beautiful memories.   

No comments:

Post a Comment